1. We are a movement fighting to stop climate change and win a Green New Deal.
We are building an unstoppable movement that will make the Green New Deal an era defining issue and fight for a new system in which we can thrive.
2. We break the rules to disrupt the political system.
The rules are written to benefit the wealthy and powerful. We break the rules to change the narrative, disrupt the political system and force politicians to face up to the scale of the crisis.
3. We reach out into our communities to build support
We speak to our friends, family, neighbours, housemates and colleagues. We look outwards always. We talk to new people about the Green New Deal and constantly grow our movement.
4. We come from all walks of life.
We are all colours, backgrounds and identities. We are proud of our differences and they make us stronger. We come together in our shared fight for climate justice.
5. We give what we can and take care of each other.
We’re all different and will contribute in different ways. Some of us volunteer everyday, others make donations or give their time occasionally. However we help – we care for each other and make our movement welcoming for all.
6. We practice strategic non-violence.
The system is violent, we are not. We want to welcome everybody and win widespread support. That means being non-violent in everything we do.
7. We tell our stories and listen to others
We all have so much to lose and something to gain. We tell our stories to make the climate crisis real. We tell our stories to go beyond politics and build real connections.
8. We fight for system change
We know the system is geared towards extraction and profit. We need a system that ensures both people and the planet can thrive. The Green New Deal is our first step towards that new system.
9. We honour our history and unite with other movements
We are part of a long history of movements for change. We honour the determination and sacrifice of movements past. We unite with new movements to fight for our collective liberation.
10. We embrace creativity and joy.
We learn from our mistakes and encourage each other to experiment. We find joy in making change happen. We create spaces that beat alienation and bring us together.
11. We celebrate our victories and learn from our losses.
All movements for change have ups and downs. We know we won’t win in the next few days, weeks or months. This is a decade long fight, and along the way we must celebrate our victories and learn from our losses.
12. We go big and do what it takes to win.
We know the scale of the crisis is huge. We work with big horizons for change. We do what it takes to win.